Thursday, April 30, 2015

Free.

April 30, 2015.

So what’s your stand about Miley Cyrus’s statement about armpit hair?

I wanna talk about it because I am very very conscious about my armpit but at the same time
I don’t know if I should talk about it because then that would mean that I have to reveal every
issue I have with my armpit to the world. And besides who would wanna read about my armpit
issues? Heheheh. Whatever, I’ll probably just talk about my older sister. :D

I do agree with Miley though, why would we(girls) be conscious about showing our armpit hair?
I know it will be a case of feminism once I say this, but men can easily just wear sleeveless shirts
and show their armpit hair and no one will look at them like they just committed a serious crime.
However, we have to go through a lot of things before going out and presenting ourselves to the
world, still worrying about what people would say about our choice of clothes, our
make-up or just about anything. Let's admit it, we even have to make sure that not a single
hair is showing in other parts of our body other than the hair in our head.

My older sister once told me that I should not let other people dictate me in any way because
it is my life and I need/have to be able to freely choose whatever I want and be happy with
whatever my choice is. 

She once had lazer hair removal for her armpit and yes, it caused her hair to not grow as much
as it normally have to and she occasionally need the help of a razor but whenever she don’t feel
like shaving her armpit hair, she wouldn’t, just because she don’t want to and she don’t care
about other people judging her. 

And that’s just one of the things I admire about my older sister. 


Sincerely,
Lily J.

No comments:

Post a Comment